The 7th Open Educational Resources Conference, OER16: Open Culture, will be held on the 19th-20th April 2016 at the University of Edinburgh.
The vision for the conference is to focus on the value proposition of embedding open culture in the context of institutional strategies for learning, teaching and research. The conference will be chaired by Melissa Highton, Director of Learning, Teaching and Web Services at the University of Edinburgh, and Lorna Campbell, OER Liaison at the University of Edinburgh and EDINA Digital Education Manager.
OER16 will focus on:
- The strategic advantage of open and creating a culture of openness.
- Converging and competing cultures of open knowledge, open source, open content, open practice, open data and open access.
- Hacking, making and sharing.
- The reputational challenges of openwashing.
- Openness and public engagement.
- Innovative approaches to opening up cultural heritage collections for education.
Follow #oer16 to keep up to date with all conference news.
CALL OPEN: The call for submissions is now open and closes 16th Nov.