Josh Bersin believes that 2016 will bring dramatic changes in the world of Human Resources, Learning, Talent Management, and HR technology. With this in mind, the latest report from Bersin by Deloitte "Predictions for 2016", discusses ten predictions for the year ahead.
Josh Bersin explains that as the “Fourth Industrial Revolution” is upon us, so we need to focus on the way digital technologies are radically impacting our lives, our societies, and our experiences at work. These changes, which impact organisations in every country, are coupled with a workforce which is increasingly diverse (in gender, age, culture, and nationality), demanding, and mobile. The result: the way we manage, lead, collaborate, and organize ourselves is undergoing radical change.
"Adding to these changes are a tremendous number of innovative new technologies, tools, and systems for HR. The HR technology industry received more than $2 billion in investment capital in 2015 (CB Insights research), fueling a dizzying number of new tools for recruitment, performance management, learning, wellness, analytics, feedback, and employee engagement. All this technology will revitalize and change HR in many ways, forcing us to be vigilant and aware of new ways to get things done."
The 10 predictions for 2016 from Bersin by Deloitte are:
1. Digital HR arrives, patterned after the digital world.
2. Replacement of dated HR technology will accelerate.
3. Talent management (and the platforms we use to deliver it) will reinvent itself.
4. Performance management reinvention will further catch fire around the world.
5. Engagement, culture, and feedback will become CEO-level topics.
6. Global leadership development will change.
7. Corporate learning will go through a revolution.
8. Diversity, inclusion, and gender inequality have reached board level priority.
9. Analytics and data-driven decision making will go mainstream.
10. A reinvention of HR will take place, as a new breed of HR professional enters the stage.
You can get a further description for each of these predictions, and download the full report at Bersin by Deloitte.