The ideal candidate must be able to:
• Write detailed specifications, detailed content and outlines
• Liaise with subject matter experts to produce high quality eLearning scripts.
• Develop innovative and engaging course content using adobe captivate.
• Produce graphics and other multimedia content utilising adobe suite products.
• Design learning carried out in an AR/VR environment.
• Design instructor led training materials.
Hours Per Week: 37.5
Location: Faslane, United Kingdom (UK)
Lockheed Martin UK – Strategic Systems (LMUK SS) is the single contractor providing specialist Waterfront In-Service Support to the Royal Navy's Trident Strategic Weapon System (SWS). The company plays a supporting role in the operational readiness of the nation's nuclear deterrent on board VANGUARD class Trident Submarines and provides the Ministry of Defence (MoD) with safe, efficient and responsive support. LMUK SS, as part of the ABL Alliance with AWE and Babcock, is also responsible for the management of operations at the Royal Naval Armaments Depot Coulport (RNAD(C)). Looking to the future, LMUK SS supports the joint US and UK submarine design efforts in New London Connecticut and Barrow-in–Furness.
Clearance Required for Role
Candidates will need to be eligible and willing to undergo security clearance.
Required skills, qualifications and experience
• Proven experience in the design and development of eLearning courses in adobe captivate.
• Experience in developing graphics, animations and editing video content in the adobe suite.
• Practical knowledge of instructional design process and adult learning theory.
• Experience in developing instructor led training.
• Experience in delivering AR/VR training.
Desired skills, qualifications and experience
• Experience of working in a defence environment.
• Knowledge of Defence System Training Quality Processes
• Knowledge of the PSA and how it impacts UK training documentation
• Experience in training environments and SWS equipment
• Capable of building and maintaining customer relationships and debating technical issues with both Customer and Accreditor